What can be baking soda and vinegar used for?
The use for baking soda and vinegar for washing and cleaning:
1. Homemade eco washing powder for washing machine:
- 100g Marseille Soap
- 200g of sodium hydrogencarbonate (NaHCO3)
- 100g of washing soda (Na2CO3 ). Caution: Not for washing silk or wool!
At the end 15 drops of tea tree oil could be added.
Baking soda serves as a water softener as well as vinegar. A tablespoon of baking soda or some vinegar can be added in a drawer to softens the water and dissolves limescale! After washing could stay some vinegar smell for an our or two, but disappears when the loundry dries.
2. Cleaning in Automatic Eco Dishwashing with baking soda and vinegar:
Add to the bottom of the dishwasher three tablespoons of baking soda or washing soda and add vinegar (8% to 9% acidity) into a container for detergent placed on the inner side of the door of the dishwasher and into the container for polish. Baking soda as a base will operate separately from the vinegar as acid. Do not mix vinegar and soda not to lose cleaning effect. Soda effectively degrease container and removes odors and vinegar it further disinfects. Both, baking soda and vinegar dissolve limescale.
3. Baking soda and vinegar can be used to remove unpleasant odors in the refrigerator, for example, to remove unpleasant odors in the refrigerator set the cup of baking soda in the fridge that has been prior cleaned with vinegar.
4. Eco way to clean mould with baking soda and vinegar. Even oven could be effectively cleaned with vinegar and baking soda.
5. Baking soda and vinegar to unclog drains. It is most appropriate for slow-moving drain and not for completely blocked drains. With the help of a plunger you can unclog the toughest drain. This is also the cheapest way to unclog your drains. Instructions how to unclog a drain with baking soda and vinegar: Pour a cup of boiling water into your drain, than add one table spoon baking soda into the drain, and leave it for 5 minutes. Pour the mix. of vinegar and boiling water down the drain and cover the drain plug, and let it work for 10 minutes. On the end flush with half litre of boiling water.